Nuveen expands summer art camps to Rothbury and Lakewood Club | Events
$10 Summer Art Camps return for another season at the Nuveen Community Center for the Arts in downtown Montague. Several of the popular 4-day art classes for elementary and middle school students will also be offered in two centrally located areas of Rothbury and Lakewood Club to allow more students the opportunity to participate in arts activities throughout the summer.
“Lack of transportation to the Nuveen Center is one of the biggest factors preventing kids from participating in arts enrichment programs at the Nuveen Center,” reports Erin Charles, director at the Nuveen. “Our solution this summer is to bring the program to the kids!”
The special $10 pricing is another way of making arts education accessible to as many students as possible. Though the actual cost of delivering an art class is much higher, a generous donation from Skip and Joy Lothmann through their fund at the Community Foundation for Muskegon County will make up the difference. Rothbury Village Council and the Lakewood Club Civic Builders is also donating the use of classroom space in order to provide this opportunity for their community’s youth. “These contributions, as well as many hours of volunteer assistance, are what make our programs possible,” states Charles. “We couldn’t do it without them!”
The complete schedule of summer classes, which includes painting, sculpture, photography, cartooning, and much more, is available now on the Nuveen Center website: www.artscouncilofwhitelake.org/nuveen. Pre-registration is required to assist with proper planning of materials and staff time. To register for a class at any of the three locations, contact the Nuveen Center at 231-894-2787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nuveen Center is the educational branch of the Arts Council of White Lake working side-by-side with White River Gallery and the Music & Performing Arts branch to encourage, initiate, and facilitate an enriched artistic, cultural and creative environment throughout the White Lake community. For more information, visit www.artscouncilofwhitelake.org.
Upcoming Events near Whitehall / Montague
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State