Meijer Scholar Athlete: Whitehall's Josh Couturier | News
WHITEHALL, Mich. (WZZM) - Cornerback, wrestler, baseball utility-man, Eagle scout, National Honor Society member.
Whitehall senior Josh Couturier can place all of those titles on his resume. He's this week's recipient of our Meijer Scholar Athlete of the Week award.
Couturier was a defensive back on the Vikings, and helped Whitehall reach the playoffs for the first time in five years.
He was an individual state qualifier in wrestling in 2011 too, and that team has plans of ending a drought as well.
"Our team's doing really going this year," Couturier says. "If we keep up what we've been doing we should make it to state, which will be the first year we've done that in five years, too."
Couturier doesn't have much free time while juggling three sports along with his academic duties. But he still holds a 3.8 grade point average.
"It's hard sometimes with classes but I always do school first," Courturier says of balancing his schedule. "I always make sure I get my homework done. Try to do it before practice or after. Whenever I have time."
The senior plans on attending Ferris State next fall and enrolling in the school's pharmacy program.
Upcoming Events near Whitehall / Montague
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State