Whitehall to set snowmobile rules | News
WHITEHALL, Mich. (WZZM) - The City Council in Whitehall is expected to outline rules Tuesday night for a new snowmobile ordinance.
On Election Day, residents approved a ballot referendum allowing snowmobiles to operate inside the city limits.
Regulations will include requiring working lights and mufflers, and would prohibit people from using a snowmobile while drinking alcohol.
Four city streets will also be excluded: Lake, Colby, Mears and Division. The city is also expected to set hours of operation.
The meeting starts at 7:30pm.
Upcoming Events near Whitehall - Montague
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28