Whitehall to set snowmobile rules | News
WHITEHALL, Mich. (WZZM) - The City Council in Whitehall is expected to outline rules Tuesday night for a new snowmobile ordinance.
On Election Day, residents approved a ballot referendum allowing snowmobiles to operate inside the city limits.
Regulations will include requiring working lights and mufflers, and would prohibit people from using a snowmobile while drinking alcohol.
Four city streets will also be excluded: Lake, Colby, Mears and Division. The city is also expected to set hours of operation.
The meeting starts at 7:30pm.
Upcoming Events near Whitehall - Montague
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding