Whitehall to set snowmobile rules | News
WHITEHALL, Mich. (WZZM) - The City Council in Whitehall is expected to outline rules Tuesday night for a new snowmobile ordinance.
On Election Day, residents approved a ballot referendum allowing snowmobiles to operate inside the city limits.
Regulations will include requiring working lights and mufflers, and would prohibit people from using a snowmobile while drinking alcohol.
Four city streets will also be excluded: Lake, Colby, Mears and Division. The city is also expected to set hours of operation.
The meeting starts at 7:30pm.
Upcoming Events near Whitehall / Montague
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- Public to explore, snack, and register to win at Tech Center open house
- Despite weather, construction continues on Muskegon Farmers Market
- Dead dogs cause of death will remain a mystery if case isn't solved
- Local students shine in auto collision & refinishing contest
- Career Tech students win awards at FFA contest; Student headed to State