Whitehall to set snowmobile rules | News
WHITEHALL, Mich. (WZZM) - The City Council in Whitehall is expected to outline rules Tuesday night for a new snowmobile ordinance.
On Election Day, residents approved a ballot referendum allowing snowmobiles to operate inside the city limits.
Regulations will include requiring working lights and mufflers, and would prohibit people from using a snowmobile while drinking alcohol.
Four city streets will also be excluded: Lake, Colby, Mears and Division. The city is also expected to set hours of operation.
The meeting starts at 7:30pm.
Upcoming Events near Whitehall - Montague
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Area state parks awarded life-saving beach kits
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16