Whitehall to set snowmobile rules | News
WHITEHALL, Mich. (WZZM) - The City Council in Whitehall is expected to outline rules Tuesday night for a new snowmobile ordinance.
On Election Day, residents approved a ballot referendum allowing snowmobiles to operate inside the city limits.
Regulations will include requiring working lights and mufflers, and would prohibit people from using a snowmobile while drinking alcohol.
Four city streets will also be excluded: Lake, Colby, Mears and Division. The city is also expected to set hours of operation.
The meeting starts at 7:30pm.
Upcoming Events near Whitehall - Montague
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center