GR man charged in Whitehall robberies | News
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) -- A 52-year-old Grand Rapids man has been arraigned in connection with two armed robberies at a west Michigan gas station.
James Benjamin Koepke was arraigned in Muskegon County's 60th District Court Wednesday on two counts of armed robbery. The charges carry a possible life sentence.
Police identified Koepke as the suspect in a Christmas Eve and Christmas day robberies at the Admiral gas station in Whitehall. Police say in both cases Koepke implied he had a weapon, though none was seen.
MLive.com says over $200 was taken during the Christmas Eve robbery, and the cash drawer was taken the next day. Both were recovered. No one was injured.
Koepke remains held at the Muskegon County Jail. A Jan. 17 preliminary exam is scheduled.
Upcoming Events near Whitehall - Montague
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State grants to help Byron Twp., Sparta companies expand
- My Town: West Michigan Archery Center grand opening celebration Aug. 16
- One dead in motorcycle crash on 17 Mile Rd.
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'